Jerry D. Hemme, Esq.
Jerry D. Hemme
Cofounder and Managing Partner
- Real Estate Law
- Business Law
- Construction Law
- Landlord/Tenant Law
- Civil Litigation
- Creditor Representation in Bankruptcy
Jerry D. Hemme is the managing partner and a co-founder of Goode | Hemme. A highly experienced attorney who has practiced law in Southern California since 1981, Mr. Hemme understands that early resolution of a dispute is a key factor in reducing legal expense and often leads to a better result. He is particularly effective at finding creative solutions to resolve lawsuits by settlement and mediation, but if litigation is necessary, his clients have a capable litigator on their side. With a proven track record, Mr. Hemme enjoys an enviable reputation as an effective and resourceful lawyer who fights hard to achieve a successful result for his clients. His loyal client base appreciates his emphasis on client service and long term relationships.
Mr. Hemme focuses his practice on real estate and business disputes. His real estate law experience includes extensive work with boundary law issues involving easements, encroachments, trees, fences and water intrusions. These types of cases have many unique factors which must be considered to achieve a successful result. Mr. Hemme's expertise in this area has earned him the recognition of his peers and institutions for educating attorneys. He has served as a lecturer in Boundary Law for the Real Estate Section of the California State Bar, the National Business Institute and the Continuing Education of the Bar.
Mr. Hemme was selected for inclusion on the 2020 San Diego Super Lawyers list in the field of real estate. "Super Lawyers" are outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process includes independent research, peer nominations and peer evaluations. Each year, no more than five percent of lawyers in California are selected to receive the honor of Super Lawyer.
Mr. Hemme is no stranger to business disputes. He has litigated a variety of business issues, including contract disputes, construction disputes, unfair competition, business torts, fraud claims, collections, and creditor rights in bankruptcy.
As a result of this valuable experience, Mr. Hemme's business clients have a trusted advisor to aid their resolution of business issues, and, if necessary, enforce their legal rights in the courts.
Mr. Hemme has received an AV® preeminent rating from Martindale Hubbell, the leading independent attorney rating entity. An AV® rating signifies that an attorney has reached the highest of professional excellence having been recognized for the highest level of skill and integrity. Mr. Hemme was further recognized by the San Diego Business Journal as one of the Best of the Bar for 2014 & 2017 in Real Estate and named a Top Lawyer in San Diego Magazine in 2015.
His real world experience includes owning and operating a retail store, and commercial and residential real estate investments. Mr. Hemme has lived in San Diego since 1956, saying "I'll move when I find a better place to live." Fortunately for his San Diego clients, this does not appear likely. When not practicing law, he enjoys time with his family, travel, wine, boating, skiing, hiking and woodworking.
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctorate - 1981
- San Diego State University, San Diego, California
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- California, 1981
- U.S. Federal Courts, 1981
- U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court Central District of California
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court District of Arizona
- AV® Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- 2020 San Diego Super Lawyers list in the field of real estate
- One of the Best of the Bar for 2014 and 2017 in Real Estate, San Diego Business Journal
- Top Lawyer, San Diego Magazine, 2015 - 2020
Classes & Seminars
- Lecturer in Boundary Law, National Business Institute
- Lecturer in Boundary Law, Continuing Education of the Bar
- Moderator: 2017 Boundary Law Seminar and 2018 Easement Law Seminar each for California State Bar Real Estate Section Conference
- Board of Directors, Community Campership Council, 2000
- Second Chance