Together We Win
Thomas B. Goode
Cofounder and Partner
- Real Estate Leases, Sales and Financing
- Real Estate Litigation
- Landlord & Tenant Disputes
- Broker Liability
- Contract Negotiations
- Business Law
Thomas B. Goode is a founding partner of the San Diego law firm of Goode | Hemme. Prior to practicing law, Mr. Goode was extensively involved in key areas of real estate including real estate development, mortgage banking and commercial brokerage having served as Vice President of Operations for a real estate development firm and a management consulting firm. His real-world experience combined with his legal background adds invaluable insights in representing and advising his real estate and business clients, with a pragmatic approach to their complex and unique legal issues.
Mr. Goode is exceptionally skillful at promptly providing creative and cost-effective solutions to avoid costly, protracted disputes. He demonstrates an exceptional mastery of professional skills and conduct, especially regarding formidable and challenging issues.
Mr. Goode is a specialist in Landlord/Tenant law both commercial and residential. This area of the law is highly regulated with legal landmines at every turn. An in-depth knowledge of the applicable law is critical to successful representation of landlord and tenants alike. Whether negotiating a lease, analyzing complex lease language which frequently has long-term important implications for clients, or representing a landlord or tenant in an eviction proceeding, Mr. Goode consistently achieves recognition and appreciation from his clients for a job well done.
In addition to his law practice, Mr. Goode provides mediation services for real estate and business disputes. As a seasoned professional, he is well-versed in the issues that commonly arise in such disputes which enables him to formulate solutions that resonate with the parties—a skill critical to effective mediation. He is fully prepared to efficiently and knowledgeably guide the parties through mediation in an effort to avoid the potential expense, time, and frustration of litigation. Even more importantly, early resolution of a dispute restores peace to the parties and enables them to return to more productive endeavors.
Mr. Goode serves on the San Diego Superior Court Mediation Panel and the Mediation Panel for the California Association of Realtors.
Mr. Goode is a former U.S. Army Officer of distinction (established in top three percent service-wide for grade). He received extensive training in the design and implementation of military-oriented training programs as an Operations Officer for an Intelligence Company and as a Company Commander. His tour on active duty also included extensive involvement with high-level, classified signal intelligence culminating in being awarded the Meritorious Service Medal.
A long-time resident of San Diego, Mr. Goode is devoted to his family, traveling, and playing golf.
- Western State University College of Law, San Diego, California
- Juris Doctorate - 1985
- Honors: American Jurisprudence Award for Contracts
- University of Notre Dame
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology - 1976
- California, 1985
- Meritorious Service Medal United States Army 1980
- American Jurisprudence Award for Contracts
Present Pro-Bono Activities
- Volunteer Judge, San Diego Teen Court, SAY San Diego
- Volunteer Housing Law Attorney Advocate for California Western Community Law Project
- Volunteer Arbitrator San Diego County Bar Association
- Amigo de las Americas, San Diego Chapter, General Counsel (Youth Cultural Immersion/Service Programs in Latin America)
- Eagle Scout, Boy Scouts of America
- San Diego Founding Chapter President, Amigos de las Americas
- Command Position, United States Army
- Founding Board Member, Auxiliary to San Diego Child Abuse Prevention Foundation
- Founding Chairman, Fresh Start Surgical Gifts, Inc.
- State Bar of California, Member
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- San Diego Superior Court Mediation Panel
- Mediation Panel for the California Association of Realtors
- Provisors Real Estate Group Leader , https://www.provisors.com/san-diego-networking-group/